AND MASTERING LONDON
Want to make music or record bands? Then our 8 week mixing and mastering course is for you.
Aimed at producers and engineers who are already making their own music or who are recording bands, this short course introduces you to professional mixing and mastering techniques using both software and outboard equipment.
You are encouraged to bring along your own multitrack sessions to these classes, through which you will learn and apply mixing and mastering techniques in hands-on, practical workshops.
Upon completion of the course, students will receive an SAE short course certificate and be part of our global alumni community.
SAE short courses are only open to students residing in the UK or EU.
18 and over
- “What’s wrong with my mix?” Corrective and creative mix solutions
- The starting balance: level, pan, and mute
- Dynamics: compression and gating
- Lighter and brighter: equalisation
- Time, space and depth: delay and reverb
- Automation and ‘performing’ a mix
- Mastering techniques for a range of media
What you'll learn
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Creatively use effects to mix a professional composition
- Understanding dynamic processes and how they affect audio
- Understand equalisation and be able to use it correctly and with precision
- Be able to identify and make important elements in a track stand out (e.g vocals)
Who should attend
This course is ideal for musicians or music lovers who would like to learn to basic sound production. It is highly recommended for students who want to apply for further study in audio.
You should bring a notebook and pen to classes. You may also wish to bring your own laptop or tablet, however, this is not necessary.
FOLLOW UP COURSESBA (Hons) in Audio Production
Got a question?
Email our recruitment teamAsk a question
|Date from||Date to||Day(s) of the week||Time||Duration||Campus||Price|
|13 Jan 2020||4 March 2020||Mon, Weds||18.30-21.00||8 Weeks||London||£999|
|6 May 2020||1 July 2020||Mon, Weds||18.30-21.00||8 Weeks||London||£999|