Who can provide a reference for me?

References should be provided either by a teacher or current/previous employer. You can also provide a character reference from a person who knows you but is not a relative or friend.

References should be provided either in your UCAS application or on letter headed paper with a signature.


Should I send my original documents if I am an international student?

Before you arrive in the UK, do not send any original documents to us. You will need all the original certificates you used to apply with us for your visa application.

After you have obtained your visa, you can show us your original certificates at enrolment.


Do I need to bring in my certificates when I enrol?

If your exam results are not sent to us by UCAS, you must bring all your final certificates to enrolment. UCAS matches only the exam results that you expect to achieve in the autumn before a September start. They do not match GCSE results. You can find out which qualifications UCAS sends to us here.

I’ve lost my certificates, what can I do?

If you have lost your certificates, you must apply to the awarding bodies (e.g. AQA/Edexcel) for either a new certificate or a certifying statement of results. It can take more than 1 month to get new certificates so make sure you apply in good time before your course start date.


When should I apply for student finance?

You must apply for your student finance for each academic year. Applications for the academic year usually open in the February of the year you want to start your course.

Visit our Youtube channel to find out more important information on student finance.

What do you do if you want to change your course or defer?

If you have made an application to us directly or through UCAS and you wish to change the course, campus or intake you must contact the admissions team as soon as possible at: enquiries@sae.edu or by phoning us on 03330 112 315.

If you would like to apply to a different course we will assess your application based on the entry requirements of the course. We may request additional documents such as exam certificates, a new personal statement and a portfolio.

We do require any application changes in writing (email) from you, we will then make any amendments to your application. If you have applied via UCAS we will update the changes on your UCAS Track.


Can I work part time whilst studying?

Some students can and do choose to work part time whilst studying. However, whilst it is possible, please keep in mind that we do run an intensive 2-year programme.

We recommend that if you choose to work part time, you work no more than 12 hours a week. If you are studying on a Tier 4 visa, you chould check your visa entitlements.

How does a 2-year accelerated degree work?

We have designed this flyer to provide you with more information.

Download PDF here

Have a Question?

Please drop us an email or give us a call on 03330 112 315

Ask a Question