It’s almost time for you to join us and we can’t wait to welcome you on campus!
Your first week at SAE will be extremely busy, but is designed to help you make the most of your time at one of the world’s leading creative media institutes.
Our induction programme will see you explore our campus in greater detail, meet new friends, settle into SAE life and discover the full range of services and support available to you.
You must bring the documents listed in the 'your first day' section on the left-hand side, in order to complete enrolment.
Your First Day
You’ll need to bring with you the following items to ensure we can enrol you onto the course. If we don’t receive these it may result in a partial enrolment. You need to bring with you:
● Your Student Finance, SLC or SAAS Support information – this importantly includes the Universities and Colleges Payment Advice Slip, which is the document that has the tuition fee and maintenance loan amounts included on it. If you have not received this yet, please bring proof of your student loan application and all your student finance letters with you. We strongly recommend applying for your Student Finance as early as possible. Follow the link here on how to begin this process. If your tuition fees are not being paid by you or your family, we will need to know who will be paying your fees (i.e. your sponsors).
● Valid passport / Identity card - This has to be put on file within the first week, so please don’t forget to bring this with you. If you don’t have a passport or identity card, please check out the ‘Proof of Identity’ tab for what else you need to bring.
● For international students, all available visa-related documentation - This can include your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) and passport.
● All original exam certificates covering your relevant academic and/or English language qualifications - This simply includes your highest qualification such as your level 3 (A Level/BTEC Level or equivalent) final exam certificates. If you have applied for our Audio Production and Games Programming degree, we also require your level 2 Maths (GCSE or equivalent) exam certificates. Please note: if you have already submitted these with your application when you applied to SAE, we won’t require these again.
Without these important documents you will not be able to complete the enrolment process. In all cases, only original documents are acceptable.
Proof of identity
You must present ID when you first arrive on campus. This should take the form of a valid passport (this is essential for applicants with non-UK qualifications).
If you do not have a valid passport, we ask for:
One of the following forms of photo-ID:
- a valid photo driving licence
- an EU ID card
If you do not have any of the above, you must provide at least one of the following:
- Credit card statement*
- Mortgage statement**
- Valid insurance certificate
- Bank or building society statement*
- Utility bill (electricity / water / gas / telephone (including mobile phone contract))*
- TV Licence
- Valid NHS card
- Addressed payslip*
- Certificate of British Nationality
- Work permit / visa**
- Home Office documents
- Council tax statement
*documentation should be less than three months old
**documentation should be less than twelve months old