“The creative industries are one of the UK’s greatest success stories, with British musicians, artists, fashion brands and films immediately recognisable in nations across the globe." - Minister for Culture Ed Vaizey
Whether you want to launch a successful career, gain world-recognised qualifications or immerse yourself in another culture, there are plenty of reasons to study creative media in the UK. Here's why:
- The creative industries are a significant force in UK, generating £84 billion a year for the national economy - that’s nearly £10 million an hour.
- As Britain’s industry booms, employment rates are growing three times faster than any other sector. This means there will be plenty of jobs during and after your studies.
- The UK film industry is a force to be reckoned with. The industry has seen incredible job growth over the last six years and is predicted to grow another 20% by 2022.
- The UK music industry continues to hit all the right notes with Britain remaining the world’s biggest consumer of music, relative to its population size. Festival and live concert tourism has also grown exponentially, generating over £3 billion a year.
- Level up! The UK now boasts 2000 gaming companies, contributing £1.7 billion to the national economy.
- The UK is widely recognised as the tech capital of Europe, with software developers and programmers enjoying 30% job growth since 2011.
- The UK also has the highest satisfaction rates amongst international students in the world.
- The cultural diversity of the UK is unrivalled - from ancient castles and historic counties to cosmopolitan cities like London; there is plenty to see and do.
- Studying in the UK helps many students develop their language skills. English is widely regarded as the language of business, and is an important tool in today’s global workforce.