It’s almost time for you to join us and we can’t wait to welcome you on campus!
Your first week at SAE will be extremely busy, but is designed to help you make the most of your time at one of the world’s leading creative media institutes.
Our induction programme will see you explore our campus in greater detail, meet new friends, settle into SAE life and discover the full range of services and support available to you.
You must bring the documents listed in the 'your first day' section on the left-hand side, in order to complete enrolment.
Upcoming enrolment dates:
Glasgow - Thursday 6 September
Liverpool - Thursday 6 September
London - Tuesday 4 September
Oxford - Thursday 6 September
Your First Day
We know you're going to be eager to get stuck in to your course and campus life, but there are some things we need from you to kick-start your time with us.
Below are a number of documents you'll need to bring with you on your first day to ensure that we can enrol you onto the course. Please note that if we don’t receive these it may result in a partial enrolment.
What you'll need to bring:
- Your original exam certificates/qualifications, as proof of entry requirements
This includes your highest qualification such as your level 3 (A Level/BTEC Level or equivalent) final exam certificates and your level 2 (GCSE or equivalent) English exam certificate. If you have applied for our Audio Production or Games Programming degrees, we also require your level 2 Maths exam certificate.
Please note: if you have already submitted these with your application when you applied to SAE, we won't require these again.
- Your Student Finance, SLC or SAAS Support information – this importantly includes the Universities and Colleges Payment Advice Slip, which is the document that has the tuition fee and maintenance loan amounts included on it. If you have not received this yet, please bring proof of your student loan application and all your student finance letters with you. We strongly recommend applying for your Student Finance as early as possible. Follow the link here on how to begin this process. If your tuition fees are not being paid by you or your family, we will need to know who will be paying your fees (i.e. your sponsors).
- Original Photographic ID, which must be one of the following:
UK / EU Students:
- ID card
- Driving licence (photocard only)
- Home Office Immigration Status Document
International Students must bring all of the following:
- Your visa - this can include your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) and passport
- A clear copy of your Tenancy Agreement
- A clear copy of your visa, showing the stamp issued when you arrived in the country (and your Biometric Card where available). We need this for our records.
Please note, if you are an international student you must have received your student visa before enrolling.
Without these important documents you will not be able to complete the enrolment process. In all cases, only original documents are acceptable. If you have any queries, please contact your campus' Student Experience Officer.
Proof of identity
You must present photo ID when you first arrive on campus. This should take the form of a valid passport (this is essential for applicants with non-UK qualifications).
If you do not have a valid passport, we ask for:
One of the following forms of photo-ID:
- a valid photo driving licence
- an EU ID card
If you do not have any of the above, you must provide your UK birth certificate.
Your induction into SAE Institute will be an exciting and extremely busy period. There will be a lot to see and a lot to do and it is important to keep track of everything.
By the end of your first week, you should have:
- Had a campus tour
- Met your Programme Coordinator, and noted the names of all your Module Coordinators/Lecturers
- Paid any fees due. Please refer to the 'Your fees' section in your Campus Guide for more information
- Fully enrolled
- Received your SAE email account
- Picked up your Student Identity Card
- Logged on to the Student Portal AXIS
- Updated your contact details so we can keep in touch
- Registered with the Library, enabling you to access the learning resources
- Be able to access and read your timetable and the Academic Calendar