International Students TEST

Providing students with an inspiring environment as well as having the largest creative media sector in the world relative to GDP, it is of no wonder that students from around the world aspire to undertake their creative media studies in the UK.





How to apply

International applicants are invited to submit their applications through UCAS. If you prefer, you can apply directly to SAE Institute.

Once you have submitted your application, an SAE International Student Recruitment Manager will be in contact to guide you through the next stages.

It is our aim to make the international admissions process as smooth as possible for students applying to SAE Institute.

International Admissions Process:

  • Check the entry criteria for your course online
  • Submit your application form together with your supporting documents (see below)
  • Accept offer and pay relevant tuition fees
  • Have Skype interview with the SAE Visa Officer
  • Receive your CAS number and start your visa application

Download our step by step Tier 4 student visa guide

It is important that all requirements and instructions are followed exactly. Any deviation or incorrect documents will lead to a visa refusal.

Submitting your application

Applications can be made directly with us through any of the methods below. In order to speed up the time it takes to process your application please ensure that you submit all documentation with your application and that you meet the minimum English Language requirements.

  1. Download the Application Form
  2. Complete Application form and other supporting documents
  3. Put docs into .zip file
  4. Submit your application online

UK Study Visa

Students who are not EU/EEA citizens and wish to study in the UK will need to apply for a study Visa under Tier 4 of the Home Office points based immigration system.

SAE in the UK is a Tier 4 sponsor under the Tier 4 points based system by the Home Office, allowing us to sponsor and provide a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) number to applicants who make a succesful application.

What visa do I need?

  Short term study visa Tier 4 Visa

BA/BSc (Hons) Audio Production


BA/BSc (Hons) Music Business


BA/BSc (Hons) Digital Film Production


BA/BSc (Hons) Visual Effects Animation


BA/BSc (Hons) Game Art Animation


BA/BSc (Hons) Games Programming


BA/BSc (Hons) Web Development


Electronic Music Production


English Language Requirements

Students whose first language is not English will need a qualification that demonstrates competence in English.

For Non EU/EEA applicants, the only approved English Language Test is:

  • IELTS (Academic and General) band score 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 within each component) from a UKVI approved center
  • Trinity College London- B2 level- tests done in the UK from an approved UKVI centre

Only tests from approved centres will be allowed for applications for a visa to enter the UK. 

For EU/EEA applicants

Equivalent qualifications can be accepted, where these qualifications have been verified by NARIC and are adopted widely within the HE sector in the UK. 

  • IELTS (Academic and General) band score 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 within each component)
  • Pearson Test of English (PTE) academic, with a minimum of 51 in each component.
  • Cambridge ESOL Proficiency Test in English (CPE), at no lower than grade C
  • Cambridge ESOL Advanced Test in English (CAE), at no lower than grade C
  • TOEFL iBT score of 80, with no less than 17 in any component