DEGREE ENTRY FOR 2020/21
Offers will be made to applicants who are expected to meet, or exceed the entry requirements below, in addition to supplying a personal statement:
Degree Entry Requirements for 2020/21
|UCAS tariff points
at A Level
at GCSE level A* - C
9 - 4 (or equivalent)**
|BA/BSc (Hons) Audio Production||72||Mathematics & English|
|BA/BSc (Hons) Music Business||72||English|
|BA/BSc (Hons) Digital Film Production||72||English|
|BA/BSc (Hons) Visual Effects Animation||72||English|
|BA/BSc (Hons) Game Art Animation||72||English|
|BSc (Hons) Games Programming||72||Mathematics & English|
|BA/BSc (Hons) Web Development||72||English|
**For students studying in Scotland this is equivalent to National 5, C grade.
A Level DDD
SQA Highers CCCD
SQA Adv Higher DDD
BTEC National Ext Diploma MMP
BTEC National Diploma DM
BTEC 90 Credit Diploma DD
English Language Requirements
Students whose first language is not English will need a qualification that demonstrates competence in English, equivalent to UK GCSE (Level 2) grade 4 (c) or above.
Equivalent qualifications can be accepted, where these qualifications have been verified by NARIC and are adopted widely within the UK Higher Education sector, including:
- Academic IELTS (minimum 5.5 in all components and an overall score of 6.0)
- Pearson Test of English (minimum 51 in all subscores)
- Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE) (minimum grade C)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) (minimum grade B)
- TOEFL (IBT) 72 overall with the following component scores:
- Listening – 17
- Writing – 17
- Speaking – 20
- Reading – 18
Full details of acceptable English Language qualifications can be found here
Further information can be found in our Selection and Admission Policy.
NON-STANDARD ENTRY ROUTES
We are interested in students who have the potential to succeed in their studies and in the creative media industries. SAE Institute will accept non-standard entry applications, which do not meet the 72 UCAS points or equivalent, and/or maths/English at level 2 or equivalent as required:
|Non-Standard Assessment Criteria|
Less than 72 UCAS points
Portfolio of related work
This could include recordings, films, sketch books, a blog or any suitable medium that gives you the best opportunity to show us your creative potential.
No level 2 maths qualification or acceptable equivalent
Successful pass mark achieved via the SAE UK Maths test
No level 2 English qualification or acceptable equivalent
UK applicants – Academic Essay
All other applicants – Recognised equivalent qualification as this document
A member of the admissions team will be in touch upon receipt of your online application with guidance about what is required.
MASTERS ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
All applicants undertake an interview for admission to the programme.
You will have either:
- a Bachelor degree with Honours (2:1 or higher) in a relevant field, and strong evidence of creative media work experience undertaken.
- at least five years of professional creative industry experience.
Admission English language requirements
A candidate whose first language is not English must present evidence of having passed an English language test. The minimum acceptable level is:
- IELTS: minimum score of 6.5 (with no less than 6.0 in each component) - see www.ielts.org
- TOEFL iBT: minimum score of 90 (with no less than 21 in each component) - see www.ets.org/toefl
A candidate whose first language is not English may present evidence that their English language proficiency is equivalent to the above formal evidence and suitable for a masters level programme in the form of:
- An English language bachelor degree or higher;
- Successful completion of a short research report in English;
- Evidence of significant professional practice in English
- An online interview with MPP academic staff
Diploma Entry Requirements
To apply for a diploma or to find out more information, please go to the short courses page.
Start your creative journey here.Apply