Designed by industry for industry, this course covers all facets of the fast-paced sector. You will learn how deals are made, how an artist is promoted and marketed and how you can do this for yourself.
- Record Label Owner
- Industry Professional
- Band Manager
- Artist Manager
- Stage Manager
Learn from industry thought-leaders, collaborate with your peers, extend your network through our global reach and solidify your own reputation within the creative media industry.
Whether you’ve worked within the creative industries for years, or are seeking to to pursue greater career prospects. SAE Institute’s online MA/MSc course is the next step to defining your creative niche.
- Next Start Date: 23 January
- Registrations are open. Limited spots available!
OPEN DAY | Saturday 9 December. Sign-up ►
Or book a personal tour on campus with the Study Advisor: 020-4350655
With a focus on entrepreneurship, this programme has been developed to encompass innovative business models for a digital age and provide you with the knowledge and skills in key aspects of the business of music, where the mantra 'change equals opportunity' holds true.
The Music Business Certificate is specifically designed for those who want to know more about the music industry. How does the industry work? How can you protect yourself and your creative work? What do you have to pay attention to when signing a contract? What will publisher actually do for you? What exactly are copyrights and how do you use it? And oh, how do you get paid? Thaught by professionals straight out of the industry, this short course will give you the answers to all these questions and more.
Throughout the course you will complete a range of projects that will give you the opportunity to explore this dynamic and fast-paced sector, providing you with the industry knowledge and experience required by employers and those with an entrepreneurial mindset.
What You'll Learn
- Music Rights
- Music Contracts
- Music Publishing
- Music Promotion
- Music Management
- Ewout Van Der Linden
- After graduating from Erasmus University and some odd jobs, Ewout van der Linden probably had the weirdest career in music. Starting as a publisher in classical music, then becoming a promotor of jazz and pop concerts, then becoming the statistics man for Music Centre of The Netherlands. And also working in dutch Schlager music. At this moment Ewout is using his vast knowledge about all sides of the music business at Rotterdam Conservatory Codarts and SAE Institute as an instructor and coordinator. So: making sure all students know what’s going on in this fast moving business. His main focus of research is money and marketing in music and entertainment. Ewout is the owner of Music Motion and he organizes 'Music Pitch' network meetings in The Netherlands and Belgium and M-Bizz workshops about the music business.
- Bindu de Knock
- Bindu specialises in intellectual property law, including copyright law, trademark law, design law, trade name law, slavish imitation and misleading and comparative advertising. Bindu studied law at Leiden University and wrote her Master’s thesis on the adjudication of music infringement cases in the Netherlands and the United States. Early on in her career, she worked as a trainee attorney in the IP section at NautaDutilh, Amsterdam, in the course of which she also completed the Law Firm School’s professional training. She subsequently continued her career at niche IP firms in Amsterdam.
Masterclass Interview: Leonidas Chantzaras
- 4 MONTHS
- Introduction to the Music Business
- Trends in the Music Business
- Practical Law
- Copyright Societes
- Trends in the Music Business (part 2)
- Artist Management
- The D.I.Y. Artist in the Music Industry
- How to Pitch yourself / Marketing in the Music Business
- PR for music / Marketing in the Music Business
- Marketing in the Music Business
- Entry Requirements
- Minimum age of 16 years
- Basic English skills
- A valid VISA for entire duration of the selected course is required prior to enrolment (for non-EU students)
- Fees & Funding
As well as your talent and dedication, a career in creative media requires financial investment in your education. We understand this is not always easy, especially when you have limited income, which is why we have developed payment plans to spread the cost.
- Plan A: Upfront Payment - one full payment in advance
- Plan B: Monthly instalments
.* full Course Fees and Registration Agreement can be requested from the Study Advisors: email@example.com
- Record label owner
- Band/artist manager
- PR Director
- Music Journalist
- Booking Agent
- Royalty Analyst
- Digital Strategist
- Social Content Editor
- Stage Manager
- Tour Promoter
- Touring Manager
- Event Manager
- A&R Manager
- Booking Agent
- Business Development Manager
* discounts are offered to graduates of this program who wish to progress to our diploma and degree programs