Saturday, 7th March | 12:00 - 16:00
Have you considered a career in Filmmaking, Games Production* or Music Production & Industry? We challenge your ideas and provide the learning framework to take your creative skills to the next level. Your journey en route to becoming a creative professional starts here.
* New Game programs will be presented for first time on our new Open Day
COURSE PRESENTATIONS / OPEN CLASSES & WORKSHOPS / CAMPUS TOURS
Open Day is a great opportunity to see our world-class facilities, meet our friendly staff and students and find out which course is right for you. You are invited!
- 5 Reasons to visit our Open Day
Many creatives and most of our students have visited an Open Day before their enrolment. Now it's your turn to attend our event and get a strong taste of the study experience at SAE Institute. During the Open Day you will have the chance to:
- Tour the facilities and workstations of our campus
- Meet lecturers, students and people that share the same passion with you
- Attend course presentations and get complete information for the study paths
- Engage in creative media activities and participate in workshops and open classes
- Discuss with our Study Advisors all your questions
- 12:00-12:30 Meet & Greet
- 12:30 - 13:00 Info Session with our Study Advisors
- 13:00 -13:45 Course Presentations with our Head Lecturers
- 14:00-15:00 Open Classes & Workshops with our Tutors
- 15:00-16:00 Campus Tours / Hang-out at the Campus / Networking
Showcases / SAE Creators in Action: During the whole Open Day several creative projects will also be happening across our campus, waiting for you to discover them.
- Course Presentations
BACHELOR DEGREE PROGRAMS (duration 2 years / full time)
- BA/BSc (Hons) Audio Production
- BA/BSc (Hons) Digital Film Production
SAE VOCATIONAL DIPLOMAS (duration 3 years / full time)
- Game Art Diploma (NEW)
- Game Design Diploma (NEW)
- Game Animation Diploma (NEW)
CERTIFICATE COURSES (duration 4-8 months)
- Electronic Music Certificate & Electronic Music Advanced Certificate
- Music Business Certificate
- Video Production Certificate
- Open Classes & Workshops
All Open Day workshops and open classes are entry-level and tasters, aiming to give you a first practical and fun experience. The seats are limited and a "first come - first served" order will be applied.
AUDIO OPEN CLASS
Tutor: Pietro Rossi
Subject: Mixing in-the-box
Pietro Rossi (SAE Lecturer / RedStone Productions) will guide you through the art of mixing a worldwide hit, step by step. After deconstructing the original mix of the song "Is This Love?" by Bob Marley, he will re-create with you the original analogue mix entirely "in-the-box".
Tutor: Julia Schlotter
Subject: Intro to 3D modeling
Julia Schlotter (Head of Games Department) will show you how to create a vase with 3ds Max. You can design your own vase, with its own shape. You will be shown how to navigate in 3D space, move objects, work with splines and modifiers which turn such a spline into objects. We will render out a simple image of the results which you can bring home with you.
Tutor: Joao Costa
Subject: Shooting a scene
Get "hands-on" with the Workshop "Create a Short Video" and go from idea to finished product in just a couple of hours. SAE Film Lecturer Joao Costa will guide you through all the necessary stages of creating a short movie: from idea generation and production to camera techniques and video editing. You will be working in groups of 3-5 people to create your film using Panasonic JVC cameras. This workshop will be 100% hands-on, so get ready to roll up your sleeves and be part of the final movie.
ELECTRONIC MUSIC OPEN CLASS
Tutor: Joost Stuursma
Subject: Behind the Mix – Young Blood (DJ Licious)
As the main co-producer of the well-known DJ Licious, Joost played a big role in the new single “Young Blood” that was released on 'Aftr:Hrs’ Records (Tiësto). In this workshop, Joost will take you "behind the scenes" of the track, he will open the Logic session and guide you through the whole production process.
MUSIC BUSINESS OPEN CLASS
Tutor: Ewout van der Linden
Subject: The Industry of Music
During the Open Class our Course Coordinator Ewout Van Der Linden will give you a very interesting presentation on the current trends and dynamics of the music industry. What are the current trends in the music business? How can the artists legally protect their work? What’s the role of an artist manager? Is there room for D.I.Y. artists in the music industry? What kind of data can be used by the artists for their careers? How is it possible to capitalise on talent? What’s the right deal for the right music?
- Practical Information
- Campus Address: Johan Van Hasseltweg 31 / Find us on Google Maps
- You can come to the Open Day alone or together with your friends or family (just add in the Ticket below the approximate number of people you are coming with)
- Our favorite hashtag is #WeAreSAE, during the event #SAEopenday and we encourage you to tag us on Social during your visit :)
- Before the event we will send you a reminder email with the map link and final information
- If you have any questions feel free to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org | +31 204350655
It's promising to be a great day.
Sign-up for Open Day by choosing a course of interest in the form below (this is just an indicative selection and you can attend any course presentation or open class/workshop you want) and a number of tickets (are you coming alone or with family/friends?).