SAE Institute Alumni take Grammy Awards
We're proud to announce that 6 SAE Institute Alumni were nominated for a Grammy Award at the 60th Annual Grammy Awards in New York this past weekend. And it gets even better, 5 of the nominations have taken the main prize in categories 'Best Latin Rock, Urban or Alternative Album' and 'Best Rock Album'. A shout out to the new winners of a Grammy Award!
1. Michael Ashby - Recording and Mix Engineer - Best Rap Performance / Best Rap Song: Bodak Yellow by Cardi B – Alumnus, SAE New York (Audio Technology Diploma – 2015).
Current Employer: Krematorium Studios LLC.
Career Achievement: Platinum Recording & Mixing Engineer, Head Engineer for Cardi B's "Bodak Yellow". "Bodak Yellow" has both Gold Certifications in Canada & US. Platinum Certification in the US. Charted on four Billboard Charts. Three number one's. Billboard Hot 100, Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop, and Billboard Rhythmic. Number 1 on iTunes. GRAMMY nominated for Best Rap Song/Performance “Bodak Yellow”.
Testimonial: “My experience was very humbling and adventurous to meet new people that love to be around the equipment I love. A mixture between the love of the music, equipment and the ability to be in the city with like-minded individuals made the experience truly one of a kind that will always stay with me for life.
What I found most helpful is the study of signal flow, it really opened up my mind to do almost the unimaginable inside ProTools or even some advance summing techniques.
My education ultimately prepared me to be more efficient which is both convenient for the client and I. One thingin particular to point out for me was that it made me faster when printing mixes for clients across all genres. SAE was able to harness my talent and take me to the next level.”
2. Jeffrey E. Penalva (Winner) - Producer, Programming (all tracks) - Best Latin Rock, Urban or Alternative Album: “Residente” by Residente – Alumnus, SAE Los Angeles (Audio Technology Diploma – 2009)
Career Achievements: Won a Latin GRAMMY and 2018 GRAMMY for producing Latin album, Residente. Won a VMA for producing “Immigrants” a track featured on the Hamilton Mixtape.
3. Austin Asvanonda (Winner) - Assistant Engineer - Best Rock Album: “A Deeper Understanding” by The War on Drugs – Alumnus, SAE Institute Los Angeles (Audio Technology Diploma – 2016)
Career Achievement: Engineer: War on Drugs, Western Waters, PAPER, The Watsons, Sitting on Stacy, Sean Williamson.
Testimonial: My experience at SAE Institute LA was wonderful and exactly what I needed to prepare myself for the real world working as an audio engineer. The instructors were incredibly helpful, knowledgeable and supportive.
What I found most helpful was the small classroom size. It allowed the teachers to really focus on every student as an individual rather than a number on a roster. Not to mention the gear at the studio was amazing.
My education at SAE Institute prepared me for my career by knowledge of recording gear and studio etiquette. Also, the instructors really care to get you placed in a position right after graduation.
4. Omar Yakar (Winner) – Engineer – Best Rock Album “A Deeper Understanding” by The War on Drugs – Alumnus, SAE Institute Los Angeles (Audio Technology Diploma – 2013)
5. Carter Jahn (Winner) – Engineer – Best Rock Album “A Deeper Understanding” by The War on Drugs – Alumnus, SAE Institute Los Angeles (Audio Technology Diploma – 2016)
Current Employer: The Music Box (Fullerton, CA)
6. Tyler Shields (Winner) – Engineer – Best Rock Album “A Deeper Understanding” by The War on Drugs – Alumnus, SAE Institute Los Angeles (Audio Technology Diploma – 2012)
Current Employer: Eastwest Recording Studios.
More Info Audio Production Courses.