Learn industry standard and cutting edge web development technologies and techniques and start a career in one of the most rewarding sectors of the creative industries.
- Web Development
- Front end Design
- UX Design
- PHP Development
Learn the key skills in Web Design and Development and start your journey in one of the most rewarding sectors of the creative industries.
Beim Professional Media Creation (M.A.) handelt es sich um einen konsekutiven Studiengang für Bachelor Absolventen aus künstlerischen und aus künstlerisch-technischen Fachbereichen.
Ein Studiengang der Folkwang Universität der Künste in Kooperation mit dem SAE Institute
Learn from industry thought-leaders, collaborate with your peers, extend your network through our global reach and solidify your own reputation within the creative media industry.
Whether you’ve worked within the creative industries for years, or are seeking to to pursue greater career prospects. MA/MSc Professional Practice (Creative Media Industries) course is the next step to defining your creative niche.
From traditional web sites through to the rapid growth market in web application development, you will learn both industry standard and cutting edge web development technologies and techniques and join one of the most rewarding sectors of the creative industries.
The study programme consists of two courses, the well known and industry recognised SAE Webdesign & Development Diploma and the Bachelor level that provides you with additional skill sets and understanding of the creative industries, project management, intellectual property and specialised web development technique, leading to an internationally recognised BA/BSc (Hons) Web Development* degree, validated by Middlesex University, London.
There are different study modes available:
- Full Time
The course is delivered full time where the standard duration is 96 weeks (24 months). This compact, fast-track study allows you to graduate quicker, and start your career earlier.
By studying this mode the Webdesign & Development Diploma modules are taught in parallel with the Bachelor-level lectures.
If you do not meet the entry requirements for full time studies, you can start with the Webdesign & Development Diploma.± Following successful completion of the SAE Diploma, students may be eligible to enrol in a programme validated by Middlesex University and study towards an Honours degree.
- Part Time
In case of part time studies, there are 2 options available. Option one comprises a standard period of 120 weeks (30 months). Option 2 covers 168 weeks (42 months).
The main difference between the two options is in the weekly workload, giving you the choice to enrol on a course that suits your personal circumstance, whether you are working full time, or looking to take an easier pace of study.
FROM 24, 30 AND 42 MONTHS, FT AND PT
SEPTEMBER 2021 & MARCH 2022
* This programme was developed and is delivered and assessed by SAE Institute, awarded by and quality assured by Middlesex University.
- Introduction to web development
- Design basics
- Web concepts & pitch
- Design tools & screen design
- Front-end review
- Responsive layout
- Libraries & API
- Front-end development frameworks
- Human computer interaction
- Usability & test methods
- Fundamentals of animation
- Web animation tools
- Web animation scripting
Creative Media Production
This module aims to position the discipline specific knowledge and skills acquired during the SAE Diploma within a wider industry, business and cultural context. The structure and operations of the culture industries are examined together with the meanings produced in the interplay between culture, cultural products and the consumer. The resulting implications for the pitching of creative media ideas and the marketing of creative media products are also considered. Students take their existing skills and adapt them for a range of markets, cultures and platforms, requiring students to understand other cultures and assimilate other disciplines into their practice.
- Structure and operation of the culture industries
- Interplay between culture, cultural product and consumer:
- Pitching and marketing of creative products
- Related disciplines and their application to creative media practice:
- Legal, contractual and ethical issues of creative media practice
- Marketing and business studies
- Music production
- Basic principles of broadcasting
- The potential of computer programming for advanced audio applications.
- Practical research
- Analytical essay
- Business presentation
Advanced Web Practice
This module aims to develop discipline specific knowledge and skills to more sophisticated conceptual and technical levels through the realisation and evaluation of advanced web applications. During this module, students explore topics such as Java, mobile development, advanced object oriented programming, localisation and e-learning.
- Strategies for continuing professional development
- Advanced web applications
- e-learning application development;
- Decision support system application development
- Project development and management
- Professional development analysis
- Advanced web project
- Production analysis
This module is the culmination of the degree programme, enabling students to demonstrate the full range of their technical, creative and academic skills. The major project is self-generated and may take one of many different forms. The project is intended to demonstrate a range of advanced skills in accordance with the requirements of a substantial Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science project. Through successful completion the student will also exhibit their capacity to conduct independent research and manage a large-scale venture.
- Entry Requirements
- University entrance qualifaction (Abitur or similar)
- Alternatively: minimum age of 18 years plus intermediate educational qualification and aptitude test
- Own notebook computer for office work, theoretical tests and own notes from lectures
- Language skills: students whose first language is not English will need a qualification that demonstrates competence in English; atleast Level B2
- Fees & Funding
Payment Plans Full Time
- Upfront: 4 payments, each at the beginnig of next semester
- Standard: 24 payments, each at the beginning of month
Payment Plans Part Time
- Upfront: 5/7 payments, each at the beginnig of each semester
- Standard: 30/42 payments, each at the beginning of month
- Web Designer
- Junior Web Developer
- Senior Web Developer (Project Manager)
- Back-End Developer
- PHP Developer
- Front End Developer
- Web App Developer
- Mobile App Developer
- Java Script Developer
- Search Engine Optimisation