Courses and Degrees for your Professional Media Career
With our educational programme, you can lay the foundation for your professional media career, specialise in a particular field or realise a long-cherished and ambitious project in a Master's programme. With Choice +, you can customise your studies according to your wishes. Choice + and the three different levels and the corresponding degrees Diploma, Bachelor and Master are explained below.
Diploma – Your Media Education
Even if you’ve had a firm footing in your professional life for a long time! Our courses and degrees build on each other in a meaningful way, are geared to the needs of the industry and enable you to study in a self-determined way – regardless of which course or degree you choose.
The following Diploma degrees are available:
• Audio Engineering Diploma
• Music Business Diploma
• Content Creation & Online Marketing Diploma
• Webdesign & Development Diploma
• Film Production Diploma
• Visual FX & 3D Animation Diploma
• Game Art & 3D Animation Diploma
• Games Programming Diploma
• Software Engineering Diploma
• Event Engineering Diploma
Bachelor’s degree – Your academic degree in media
Building on the content of the Diploma, you expand your knowledge and graduate with the first academic degree.
The following bachelor degrees are available:
• BA/BSc (Hons) Audio Production
• BA/BSc (Hons) Music Business
• BA/BSc (Hons) Content Creation and Online Marketing
• BA/BSc (Hons) Web Development
• BA/BSc (Hons) Film Production
• BA/BSc (Hons) Visual Effects Animation
• BA/BSc (Hons) Game Art Animation
• BSc (Hons) Games Programming
Master’s degree – Your media specialisation
After the Bachelor’s degree, you can specialize further in the Master’s programs. You can choose between two partner universities for this academic degree:
Master’s degree in cooperation with University of Hertfordshire
• MA/MSc Professional Practice (Creative Media Industries)
Master’s degree in cooperation with Folkwang Universität der Künste
• Professional Media Creation (M.A.)
You can tailor your studies to your individual needs.
It doesn’t matter which city you’re in as long as it’s an SAE Media Campus. This means you can attend classroom events and use the equipment at any German-speaking SAE campus.
Do a little more than just thinking outside the box! If you are interested in a wide range of subjects, you can “sneak in” to the theoretical lectures of any other department.
Specialization is key: take an additional module from another department and expand and deepen your knowledge by adding another subject area. You can choose modules from any department (text link department overview) and add them to your studies for one semester or more.