Combine your artistic talents with your love for video games and turn that creative talent into your dream career.
- Character Design
- 3D Modeling
- 3D Animation
- Digital Painting
From the latest RPG or massively multiplayer online game, to mobile gaming, there is a real demand for talented, technically able graduates who can turn ideas into reality.
Learn the key skills in Game Art and Animation and start your journey toward your dream career.
- 3D Modeler & Texture Artist
- 3D Animator
- Game Artist
- Character Designer
Take the first steps towards your dream career in Games development. Get hands-on and learn the key skills.
Beim Professional Media Creation (M.A.) handelt es sich um einen konsekutiven Studiengang für Bachelor Absolventen aus künstlerischen und aus künstlerisch-technischen Fachbereichen.
Ein Studiengang der Folkwang Universität der Künste in Kooperation mit dem SAE Institute
Learn from industry thought-leaders, collaborate with your peers, extend your network through our global reach and solidify your own reputation within the creative media industry.
Whether you’ve worked within the creative industries for years, or are seeking to to pursue greater career prospects. MA/MSc Professional Practice (Creative Media Industries) course is the next step to defining your creative niche.
Using a proven hands-on ethos, the course will provide you with the fundamental knowledge and skills to get you started in a career in video games.
Using industry standard technologies and workflows together with strong tutor support, you will qualify with the confidence to hit the ground running and maybe even take the next step and further your studies to Bachelor and Masters level.
The course combines theoretical understanding with a strong hands-on training ethos, (75% of course assessment is practical), through our industry standard production facilities, you are able to explore and expand your technical and creative skill sets.
The course runs for 18 months and classes can take place in the daytime, evening or on weekend, providing you with flexibility whether you are working full-time, part time or just passing through.
SEPTEMBER 2020 & MARCH 2021
Introduction to games programming
- Fundamentals of programming
- Fundamentals of math & logic
- Object-oriented programming
- Game engine basics
- Algorithms and data structures
- Object-oriented programming workshop
Applied mathmatics and environment coding
- Game physics
- Fundamentals of artificial intelligence
- Generic environments
- Environment simulation
Network programming and tool development
- Network programming
- Tool development
Advanced artificial intelligence
- AI procedure
- Steering behaviour
- Advanced path-finding
- Machine learning
- Neural networks
- Unsupervised learning
- Entry Requirements
- University entrance qualifaction (Abitur or similar)
- Alternatively: minimum age of 17 years plus intermediate educational qualification and aptitude test
- Own notebook computer for office work, theoretical tests and own notes from lectures
- Language skills: students whose first language is not English will need a qualification that demonstrates competence in English; atleast Level B2
- Fees & Funding
- Upfront: 3 payments, each at the beginnig of next semester
- Standard: 18 payments, each at the beginning of month
- Game Engine Programmer
- Graphics Programmer
- AI (Artificial Intelligence) Programmer
- Physics Programmer
- Audio Programmer
- Lead Programmer
- User Experience Programmer
- Games Designer
- Mobile Game Developer
- Games Developer