If you aspire to a career in the Film and TV industry, working in production, post production, or producing visually stunning adverts, this is the course for you.
Acquire knowledge and skills in the field of film production, camera work, editing or story telling.
Beim Professional Media Creation (M.A.) handelt es sich um einen konsekutiven Studiengang für Bachelor Absolventen aus künstlerischen und aus künstlerisch-technischen Fachbereichen.
Ein Studiengang der Folkwang Universität der Künste in Kooperation mit dem SAE Institute
Learn from industry thought-leaders, collaborate with your peers, extend your network through our global reach and solidify your own reputation within the creative media industry.
Whether you’ve worked within the creative industries for years, or are seeking to to pursue greater career prospects. MA/MSc Professional Practice (Creative Media Industries) course is the next step to defining your creative niche.
If you are passionate about movies and looking to start a career in the film industry then look no further. In this programme you will develop the essential skills and knowledge utilised in film production working across a range of independent and collaborative projects.
Combining the technical with the artistic you will graduate with a strong portfolio and the confidence to forge your own path to your dream job.
The study programme consists of two courses, the well known and industry recognised SAE Digital Film Production Diploma and a progressions course that provides you with additional skill sets and understanding of the creative industries, project management, intellectual property and specialised film making technique, leading to an internationally recognised BA/BSc (Hons) Digital Film Production* degree, validated by Middlesex University, London.
FROM 24, 30 AND 42 MONTHS, FT AND PT
SEPTEMBER 2020 & MARCH 2021
* This programme was developed and is delivered and assessed by SAE Institute, awarded by and quality assured by Middlesex University.
Fundamentals of filmmaking I
- Fundamentals of camera & lighting
- Fundamentals of screenwriting
- History of filmmaking
- Pitch history film
- Fundamentals of film analysis
- Fundamentals of video editing
- Theory of montage
- Fundamentals of optics
- Set workshop
- Digital signal processing
- Image editing & visual communication
- Picture composition
- Colour theory & scenic lighting
The art of storytelling
- Script writing
- Screenplay analysis
- The screenwriter
- Production management
- Moving imagery
Fundamentals of filmmaking II
- Camera & lighting
- Audio technology
- Audio equipment and audio editing
- Small scenic production
- Theory & history of VFX
- Green screen
- Keying and colorgrading
- Compositing & animation
- VFX Supervising
Documentaries & reportage
- History of filmmaking
- Documentary films and formats
- Thematic development and research
- Camera & lighting
- Production of documentaries
- Interview techniques
- Narrative techniques
- Media ethics
- Multicam cut
Creative Media Practice
This module aims to position the discipline specific knowledge and skills acquired during the SAE Diploma within a wider industry, business and cultural context. The structure and operations of the culture industries are examined together with the meanings produced in the interplay between culture, cultural products and the consumer. The resulting implications for the pitching of creative media ideas and the marketing of creative media products are also considered. Students take their existing skills and adapt them for a range of markets, cultures and platforms, requiring students to understand other cultures and assimilate other disciplines into their practice.
- Structure and operation of the culture industries
- Interplay between culture, cultural product and consumer:
- Pitching and marketing of creative products
- Related disciplines and their application to creative media practice:
- Legal, contractual and ethical issues of creative media practice
- Marketing and business studies
- Music production
- Basic principles of broadcasting
- The potential of computer programming for advanced audio applications.
- Practical research
- Analytical essay
- Business presentation
Advanced Digital Film Practice
Designed to develop film-specific knowledge and skills to more sophisticated conceptual and technical levels through the realisation and evaluation of advanced film applications, students will be introduced to scriptwriting for feature films, new media applications for the moving image, visual artistry of the cinema and cinematography, adaptation and remake strategies, and documentaries. Additionally, students will learn about pitching, budgeting, financing, distribution and a number of additional topics of the film industry.
- Strategies for continuing professional development
- Advanced film applications
- Screenwriting for film and television
- New media applications for moving image.
- Project development and management
- Documentary Filmmaking
- Professional Development Analysis
- Advanced Film Project
- Production Analysis
Bachelor - Major Project
This module is the culmination of the degree programme, enabling students to demonstrate the full range of their technical, creative and academic skills. The major project is self-generated and may take one of many different forms. The project is intended to demonstrate a range of advanced skills in accordance with the requirements of a substantial Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science project. Through successful completion the student will also exhibit their capacity to conduct independent research and manage a large-scale venture.
- Entry Requirements
- University entrance qualifaction (Abitur or similar)
- Alternatively: minimum age of 18 years plus intermediate educational qualification and aptitude test
- Own notebook computer for office work, theoretical tests and own notes from lectures
- Language skills: students whose first language is not English will need a qualification that demonstrates competence in English; atleast Level B2
- Fees & Funding
Payment Plans Full Time
- Upfront: 4 payments, each at the beginnig of next semester
- Standard: 24 payments, each at the beginning of month
Payment Plans Part Time
- Upfront: 5/7 payments, each at the beginnig of each semester
- Standard: 30/42 payments, each at the beginning of month
- Camera Operator
- Production Assistant
- Documentary Film Maker
- Film Maker
- Camera Assistant
- Steadicam Operator
- Director of Photography
- Movie Production
- Independent Film Production
- TV Show Production
- Moving image Content for Web
- Corporate Film