Obtain knowledge and skills in animation, visual effects and 2D / 3D.
Specialize in (training).
- Product visualization
- Trailer for movies / games
- 2D / 3D Concept Art
- Character animation
The BA/BSc (Hons) Visual Effects Animation* is the right one for you if want a career in visual effects and it relates to games, films and adverstising.
Get Specialised in:
- Product Visualisation
- Trailers for Films/Games
- 2D/3D Concept-Art
- Character Animation
If you are a passionate fan of visual effects and moving images, and you want to have a career in the film industry, the gaming field or in adverstising, then this basic and advanced BA/BSc (Hons) Visual Effects Animation* provides a basis for launching a career in this part of the creative economy. As part of the studies programme, you will work on various projects to learn the necessary knowledge and skiolls, which are important for the VF field.
The studies program is divided into two parts. The first is aimed at earning a certified SAE diploma in Visual FX and 3D Animation. The second part is a BA/BSc (Hons) Visual Effects Animation* specialising in the various processes of the creative economy, project management, copyright law, and special techniques in film and animation. This programme is quality assured by Middlesex University and you will receive a Middlesex award on successful completion.
The expecfted duration of study for a BA/BSc (Hons) Visual Effects Animation* degree is 42 months.
Academic Levels at the SAE Institute.
DURATION OF COURSE:
SEPTEMBER 2019 & MARCH 2020
* This programme was developed and is delivered and assessed by SAE Institute, awarded by and quality assured by Middlesex University.
- 2D Basics
- 3D Basics
- Information Communication and Professional Media Practice
- Basics in Rendering and Animation
- Introduction to Visual effects (VFX)
- Marketing, Business Planning and Law
- Advanced Compositing and Motion Graphics
- Advanced Visual FX Techniques
- Research Practice and Society
- Advanced Specialised Project
- Major Project
- VFX Production Sequences
- Basics of Compositing
- Characteristics of Rotational Materials
- Film Aesthetic
- Colour Correcting
- Lighting for Actual Filming
- Entry Requirements
- Admission requirements for our BA/BSc (Hons) Visual Effects Animation* is first and foremost the successful completion of the Diploma. This requires a minimum age of 18 years.
- The admission must be completed by a positive completion of the 9th grade.
- It is necessary to bring your own laptop.
- Fees & Funding
- Prepayment: 2 payments at the beginning of each course (beginning diploma, beginning of Bachelor)
- Standard: 42 payments on the 1st of the month
- 3D / 2D animator
- CG generalist
- Look Dev Artist
- Rendering Artist
- Lighting TD
- Roto / Paint Artist
- VFX coordinator