The Academic Board is the peak academic body of SAE GSA Region. It is the principal academic body responsible for overseeing the highest standards of teaching, learning, scholarship and research in GSA campuses. It provides independent, expert, authoritative advice on all academic matters.
The Academic Board meets twice a year and discusses current academic development and future pathways. The Academic Board meets at different locations in GSA to get an oversight of the campuses within the region.
The Academic Board consists of external members from higher education and industry with expert knowledge in several areas. It is important that the members have a connection to creative media studies or the media industry. On top of that a member from the recent body of alumni will be part of the Board.
Currently the Board consists of these members:
- Prof. Dr. Frank Lechtenberg – Chair (Technische Hochschule Ostwestfalen Lippe)
- Dr. Frank Furtwängler (Freelance Game-Designer)
- Christoph Sladeczek (Fraunhofer IDMT)
- Prof. Dirk Reith (Folkwang, University of the Arts)
- Verena Giesen (SAE Alumna, Audio Department)
- Andreas Friesecke (Dean SAE GSA)