Search by area of study


Search FAQs by keyword

General Questions

Yes, SAE Wien offers the Audio Engineering Diploma and Bachelor Programme in English.

In the next couple of days, we will send you emails describing the application process at SAE Institute. Please follow the steps to complete your application. Once you have completed and submitted your application, you can book a tour (on campus or via Zoom) with our career advisors.

All Bachelor and Diploma courses start twice per year – in March and in September.

SAE Institute Germany collaborates with the University of Hertfordshire in London. The University of Hertfordshire is a state university in the UK and validates or revalidates the SAE Institute’s degree programs at regular intervals. Since the University of Hertfordshire is located in England, British university admission requirements also apply.

Visa Requirements

Yes, you need a visa, unless you are an EEA passport holder. Please contact the Austrian embassy in your country for further information.


Obtaining a visa can be a confusing and complicated process. There are several kinds of visas and
if you are not sure which one you should apply for, please be advised to first discuss this matter with the Austrian embassy.

The EEA is an area of free trade and free movement for people, comprising the member states
of the European Union plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein. While Switzerland is not in the EEA, Swiss nationals have the same rights as EEA nationals. Please see the list of all EEA countries below.
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden

Application & Registration

In order to apply to SAE, please send us the follow- ing documents by email:
• Application form
• Proof of secondary level of education
• English-language proficiency certificate (IELTS, TOEFL or equivalent)
• A copy of the front and back of your passport
• A copy of your visa if you already hold one
• An audiogram test (only for audio engineering)

For all offers a good knowledge of English (B2) and your own laptop with internet access is required. For Audio Engineering: Proof of intact hearing (audiogram).

Yes, the application deadline always ends four weeks before the course starts. We will contact you shortly after we have received all of your application documents. Please note that finding a room close to our campuses can take weeks. If you need a visa, you should apply for it as soon as possible, as it can take up to 6 months to obtain it.

We mentioned earlier that you should have your own personal laptop. It will, however, not be your primary working device, only a study aid. Therefore, any regular laptop will be sufficient.

Living in Austria

We are really sorry, but we don’t offer any accommodation. You will have to find accommodation yourself.

The following links can be very helpful:

The Social Hub


Yes. You might be able to work 10-20 hours per week without being overburdened while being enrolled in the SAE Diploma or the part-time Progression Bachelor.

SAE has a large network in the media industry worldwide.

We also offer a job portal, which is available only to SAE students, and can provide guidance when searching for a job placement.

More Info
Get info Get your personal access to detailed course content, course fees and financing options
Book Tour Get to know us personally. On site or online. You decide

Book a Tour

Choose a Campus

Choose Your Country
Choose Your Language