Progress your studies in Audio and open the door to a world of opportunity.
- Studio Production
- Post Production
- Interactive Sound Design
Learn the key skills of Audio Engineering and Music Production. Practical, industry standard training.
Learn the key skills of Audio Engineering and get practical, industry standard training.
- Become a Sound Engineer
- Work in music studios or with live sound
- Work in TV, Film and Broadcasting
- Be at the forefront of a fast paced industry
Learn from industry thought-leaders, collaborate with your peers, extend your network through our global reach and solidify your own reputation within the creative media industry.
Whether you’ve worked within the creative industries for years, or are seeking to to pursue greater career prospects. SAE Institute’s online MA/MSc course is the next step to defining your creative niche.
2 kvällar/veckan i 4 månader.
Ta nästa steg i ditt fokus på Urban Music!
- Ta steget in i Urban Music Production
- Ta dina produktioner till nästa nivå
- Lär dig Urban-branschen innifrån
SMP is based on SAE's solid background within audio and production technology, and is alternated with song and lyrics writing, arrangement and industry knowledge. Songwriting & Music Production (SMP) is a song writing course for you who have already started or want to get started writing music and lyrics as well as record your own material. You do not have to be able to play an instrument, but it is a plus.
There is also no need for you to have taken previous courses in song writing.
Over the last decades, Sweden has made a name for itself for being among the top successful countries when it comes to writing hit songs, and "the Swedish music wonder" is a well-known concept today. Music makers like Max Martin, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson and many more have taken this tradition with them into this decade, and to make sure that Sweden stays among the very best, we make sure that SAE Stockholm has a modern song writing course to form the hit makers of tomorrow.
Through the combination of basics within music composition, lyrics writing, recording and production, as well as marketing, sales and industry knowledge, you will acquire a solid foundation to build on when you develop your compositions and expand their reach.
Songwriting & Music Production is a part time course, and there are lessons two nights per week for 6 months. Teacher-led lessons of about 6 hours/week include both theory and practical work. In addition to this, the students will also have time for practical work at the SAE's facilities.
There will also be different kinds of workshops, in which the students may practice the various topics individually and/or in groups under teacher supervision.
The practical assignments are done individually during booked slots, outside class hours during the school's opening (weekdays 10-22 and Saturdays 10-19). During the school's opening hours, you will always have a mentor on site if you need any help or advice. When the practical assignments are done, you may work on your own projects, while you still have the possibility to ask the SAE staff for help and advice.
6 MONTHS PART TIME
STOCKHOLM, 090315 OCH 070915
- Music and genre history
- Where does the music come from, how it has evolved over the years and how have the different genres emerged.
- Music theory and composition
- Basic harmony, chords, scales, circle of fifths, intervals, cadences, etc.
- Note values, different time signatures, timing, rhythms linked to the genre, etc.
- Different parts of song such as intro, verse, chorus and bridge, creating a song based on genre, creating feelings, instrumentation, etc.
- Lyrics and text writing
- How do you write a lyric? Themes; the importance of words and word orders; synonyms; writing in English and Swedish, etc.
- Sound engineering
- Basic phonetics, hearing, psychoacoustics, etc.
- Different instruments, the characters and how to record them, microphone types and their uses, microphone placement, stereo microphone technique, recording techniques, etc.
- Studio and equipment
- Building the studio, mixing board, connectors and signal flow, EQ/filters, dynamic processors (compressor, de-esser and others), effects (reverb, delay, etc.), processors (e.g. pitch adjustment), microphones, speakers, etc.
- Music software
- Frequently used music software, their features and applications, workflows and tools.
- Different mixing techniques, creative mixing, frequency response, frequency spectra, dynamics, room reverberation and depth, stereo width, the use of dynamic processors, EQ/filters and time-based effects and processors.
- Basic mastering, media customization, equalizers, dynamic range, dithering, etc.
- Marketing and sales
- What is marketing, how do you do it, the importance of a brand, market analysis, how to reach the end customers, how to speak to the customers.
- Can you protect your music, how do you do it, what is plagiarism, how do I make a profit from my music.
- The music industry and its agents
- Music publishing, record labels, production companies, STIM, IFPI, SAMI, cabinets, etc.
- Music and genre history
- Entry Requirements
- Minst 18 år
- Stort musikintresse
- Fees & Funding
Songwriting & Music Production är inte studimedelsberättigad. Utbildningen läses på deltid och går därför att kombinera med arbete. För aktuella priser, var god se prislista.
Utbildningen kan betalas på två sätt
- I sin helhet (Betalningsplan A)
- Månadsvis (Betalningsplan B)
- Music producer