Welcome to SAE Institute Clearing 2016
Clearing is always a stressful and busy time. Don’t panic! You have arrived at a place where we can help you with your UCAS Clearing needs for creative media subjects.
SAE Institute still has a few vacancies on its courses and offers numerous advantages you may not have considered, such as a two-year practical degree that will cost you far less than the typical three-year model.
SAE courses still available for 2016
- BA/BSc (Hons) Audio Production - London, Oxford, Liverpool, Glasgow
- BA/BSc (Hons) Music Business - London, Oxford
- BA/BSc (Hons) Digital Film Production - London, Oxford, Liverpool, Glasgow
- BA/BSc (Hons) Games Art Animation - London, Oxford, Liverpool
- BSc (Hons) Games Programming - London
- BA/BSc (Hons) Visual Effects Animation - London, Oxford, Liverpool
- BA/BSc (Hons) Web Development - London
* Validated by Middlesex University. Students will receive a Middlesex award on successful completion of their studies
Who is Clearing for?
You are eligible for clearing if...
- You have not received any offers from a university or college
- You have declined all your offers, or not responded within the deadlines you were given
- Your offers have not been confirmed because the required conditions were not met (e.g. you did not get the necessary grades)
- You have not applied for a university course yet and would like to do so for 2016 entry
- UCAS received your application after 30 June 2016
When does it all start?
From 1 July to September, universities and colleges will be offering places on courses that still have spaces. This process is called ‘Clearing’.
The busiest day for clearing this year is Thursday 18 August. This is A level results day when universities confirm with applicants whether or not they have met the conditions of their offer.
Applications received after 30 June up to 20 September will automatically be entered into Clearing. If you haven't made an application yet and would like to apply to SAE Institute, you can do so now via UCAS Apply. If you have not applied through UCAS this year you can also apply to us direct.
As soon as you have received your results and have your Clearing ID number you are ready to call SAE.
What you need to do
Step 1 - Gather the information you need
- Go to UCAS Apply and make a note of your clearing number and personal ID number
- Make a list of your qualifications, including your GCSEs.
Step 2 - Call us on 03330 112 315
- Call our Clearing helpline 03330 112 315 to talk about the courses and available vacancies
- If we are able to make you an offer, add us as your Clearing choice on UCAS Apply. UCAS normally only makes this option available late in the day on Thursday 18 August.
- Scottish students can do this as from 9 August.
Information for BTEC and Access students
If you already have your BTEC or Access results and you are interested in studying on a course at SAE Institute, you don't need to wait until August before starting to search for your place.
- Please contact our Admissions team now to find out about places available at email@example.com or call 03 330 112 315
- If your qualifications meet our requirements, we can make you a firm offer on the course of your choice (subject to availability and interview for certain courses).
Your BTEC results
If you haven't yet applied to us, you will need to obtain your results from your school or college before applying for a place.
If you have already applied, we will receive BTEC results directly from UCAS from June-September. If you already have your results, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org as this will speed up the process and allow you to firm up your plans to come to SAE in September.
Whether you have yet to apply or are already holding an offer at SAE Institute, please scan and send your Access results through to email@example.com as soon as you receive them from your college.
If you are an Access or BTEC student with outstanding Level 2 or GCSE qualifications, please don't wait until you get these results to send existing qualifications through to us. Send us your Access or BTEC results as soon as you receive them.
Successful applicants would normally be expected to have a minimum of 180 UCAS tariff points.
In addition applicants also require the equivalent of a Grade C or above in GCSE English Language. Audio Production, Music Business, Games Programming, and Web Development also require the equivalent of a Grade C or above in GCSE Maths.
For applications from mature students, we also consider work and life experience. In such cases, SAE Institute requires applicants to provide satisfactory evidence of their ability to successfully complete the programme.
For international equivalency of UK qualifications, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
English language requirements
If your first language is not English, you will need a qualification that demonstrates competence in English.
Overseas applicants (Non EU/EEA)
Approved English language tests include:
- IELTS (Academic and General) band score 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 within each component) from a UKVI approved centre
- Trinity College London- B2 level- tests done in the UK from a approved UKVI centre
NOTE: The Home Office no longer accept ETS exams as evidence of English language ability. This includes the TOEFL iBT test, provided by ETS.
Approved English language tests include:
- IELTS (Academic and General) band score 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 within each component)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) academic, with a minimum of 51 in each component.
- Cambridge ESOL Proficiency Test in English (CPE), at no lower than grade C.
- Cambridge ESOL Advanced Test in English (CAE), at no lower than grade C.
Recognition of prior learning
If you hold a qualification from another institution, or if you have formally completed components of another qualification, you must submit authorised evidence of those achievements along with your application.
Please refer to Policy A06 Academic Credit and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for details.
While we welcome applications from International students (Non EU) through clearing, due to visa processing times we are more likely to make offers for the next available intake starting in January, May or September (depending on course availability)
Institute code: SO5
- A | London
- S | Oxford
- E | Liverpool
- D | Glasgow
- BA/BSc (Hons) Audio Production - W616
- BA/BSc (Hons) Music Business - 4L26
- BA/BSc (Hons) Digital Film Production - W612
- BA/BSc (Hons) Visual Effects Animation - 615W
- BA/BSc (Hons) Game Art Animation - IW63
- BSc (Hons) Games Programming - G620
- BA/BSc (Hons) Web Development - W281