SAE Institute is delighted to invite you to Guest Talk with Philippine Mignot from Ourscreen, UK’s foremost on-demand cinema platform.
Philippine will navigate the participants of the guest talk through the current landscape of digital film distribution and discuss alternative models of distribution for indie filmmakers and how to use them to their advantage.
Phililppine will give tips and hints on how indie filmmakers can screen their own films in cinemas around the UK and how to generate media buzz and harness the power of social media to promote themselves and their work.
This event will cover:
- Distribution landscape in the UK - VOD, traditional distribution, VS Cinema-On-Demand
- Presentation of Ourscreen
- Tips and ideas for indie filmmakers -How to create a successful screening/event for film
- Requirements: BBFC certification and DCP format
- Social Media & Direct promotion
- What's next?
- How can an indie filmmaker use the success of a screening to promote themselves?
- How to generate media buzz?
- Success stories of indie filmmakers on Ourscreen
- How to create your own campaign on Ourscreen’s platform
Philippine Mignot has joined ourscreen in 2014. ourscreen is an alternative listing environment for UK cinemas with digital-social technology that empowers film fans to not only buy tickets, but to create their own film screenings.
As a Campaign & Operations Manager, her primary role is to work with venues and rights holders so anyone can benefit from the ‘people-powered-cinema’ technology across UK.
She also oversees campaigns with brands like The Times, ShortList Magazine or EE that use ourscreen to reach audiences through film.
Before ourscreen, Philippine worked with the Legal Team at Celsius Entertainment after completing a Masters in Entertainment Law.