We are looking for a knowledgeable and engaging educator to teach Game Art and Animation modules and common content in SAE HE programmes under the guidance of the Academic Coordinator. The ability to supervise and guide students through individualised final projects at level 6 is especially desirable.
- Preparation of the modules you are timetabled to facilitate, including developing and updating learning objects to be shared with students;
- Facilitating learning through a variety of methods;
- Planning students’ learning experience through lesson plans and deliverable course material;
- Timely marking of assessments, providing useful and on-going feedback to students;
- Pro-active involvement in campus events which promote SAE and our programmes.
- Masters degree in a related field, or Hons degree and a PG Cert Education/HEA Membership (en route to a qualification with demonstrable evidence of satisfactory progress), and/or significant industry experience;
- Teaching experience, including the creation of session plans and preparation of materials;
- Experience in Games Design production pipeline and relevant software (3DMax, Maya, ZBrush, Mudbox, Substance Suite, Adobe Suite). Highly proficient in texturing, modelling (high and low-poly);
- Possess outstanding communication, interpersonal skills, be highly organised and possess good time management skills;
- Ability to teach across other disciplines (including common modules and modules from other SAE programmes e.g. Film, Audio, Web etc.);
- Must have rights to live and work in the UK.
- Proficient with industry-standard equipment and software, including ZBrush, Nuke, Unity;
- Specialisms including Unity, C#, C++, A.I., Game Optimisation, Mobile Development (Android &/or Swift), VR & AR, Graphics Programming;
- Experience in Project Based Learning, Flipped Classroom and or other similar contemporary forms of facilitating learning.
What we offer
The Navitas Group offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within the UK and abroad, and is values driven and an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit all enquiries and applications, (a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and CV) to Richard Peirson, Campus Director at SAE-HR@navitas.com.
Please state Application: Game Art and Animation Lecturer, Oxford in the email title.
We regret that due to the volume of the applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.