References should be provided either by a teacher or current/previous employer. You can also provide a character reference from a person who knows you but is not a relative or friend.

References should be provided either in your UCAS application or on letter headed paper with a signature.

Before you arrive in the UK, do not send any original documents to us. You will need all the original certificates you used to apply with us for your visa application. After you have obtained your visa, you can show us your original certificates at enrolment.

If your exam results are not sent to us by UCAS, you must bring all your final certificates to enrolment. UCAS matches only the exam results that you expect to achieve in the autumn before a September start.  They do not match GCSE results. You can find out which qualifications UCAS sends to us here.

If you have lost your certificates, you must apply to the awarding bodies (e.g. AQA/Edexcel) for either a new certificate or a certifying statement of results. It can take more than 1 month to get new certificates so make sure you apply in good time before your course start date.

You must apply for your student finance for each academic year. Applications for the academic year usually open in the February of the year you want to start your course.

Students studying in Scotland should apply for student finance at www.saas.gov.uk

Students studying in England should apply for student finance at www.gov.uk/student-finance/apply

Visit our Youtube channel to find out more important information on student finance. 

If you have made an application to us directly or through UCAS and you wish to change the course, campus or intake you must contact the admissions team as soon as possible at: enquiries@sae.edu or by phoning us on 03330 112 315. If you would like to apply to a different course we will assess your application based on the entry requirements of the course. We may request additional documents such as exam certificates, a new personal statement and a portfolio. We do require any application changes in writing (email) from you, we will then make any amendments to your application. If you have applied via UCAS we will update the changes on your UCAS Track.

Some students can and do choose to work part time whilst studying. However, whilst it is possible, please keep in mind that we do run an intensive 2-year programme. We recommend that if you choose to work part time, you work no more than 12 hours a week. If you are studying on a Tier 4 visa, you chould check your visa entitlements. 

We have designed this flyer to provide you more information.


Download PDF here.