Workshop 3: Creating a character with a backstory story and props, creating few poses and expressions
Join Iva in this workshop on how to master your character design and create strong backstory quickly and efficiently with outfit details, materials, props and icons so you become successful in today’s demanding artistic industry.
We are going to talk about how to create fantasy based and realistic backstory for your characters so your audience can relate to them and they can create strong emotional connection with your artworks.
Key lessons include:
- Learn how to find a backstory for your characters
- Connect your characters with props and icons based on your story
- Use colors, materials and textures to support the character backstory
- Create different types of expressions to support the character personality
- Drawing sketches with a brush and selection tool in Adobe Photoshop
- Painting icons and props in Photoshop
- Coloring your sketches quickly in Photoshop
This session is ideal for illustrators, designers, visual artists, and everyone who wants to take advantage of digital illustration tools. Learn how to maximize your toolkit today!
- Participants have to bring their own Laptops with Photoshop installed and ready to go.
- Graphics tablets will be provided to participants.
- The course isn't targeted to complete beginners, Participants should already have a basic knowledge of digital painting including programs such as Photoshop.
- The courses will be held in English.
Iva worked as an Art Director, Concept artist and Graphic Designer with the focus on Storytelling and Visual Branding in LEGO System A/S, Denmark for over 7 years and is now working in the field of Storytelling and Character design. She is the founder and host of Art Side of Life Interviews where she chats with inspiring artists and creates various art-related videos.
This is a teaser workshop for the upcoming Short-Course: Concept Art and Visual Storytelling.