If you want a career in the film or television industry, in production or post-production, or if you want to create visually-arresting advertising, then the BA/BSc (Hons) Digital Film Production* studies programme may be the right choice for you.
Specialising as a/in:
Eigne dir Kenntnisse und Fähigkeiten in den Bereichen Kamera und Licht, Regie, Grading und Schnitt an und arbeite an Musikvideos, Dokumentationen, Produktvisualisierungen und Kurzfilmen.
If you want to specialise as a
- Production Manager;
- or Cutter/Editor
Summary and Overview
If you are a passionate film fan and want to launch or further develop a career in the film industry, then completing the BA/BSc (Hons) Digital Film Production* will teach you the basic skills and knowledge for beginning a career in the industry. During your studies you will carry out projects to help you learn the necessary knowledge and skills which are important in the production of films.
There are two possible course study schemes. One is aimed at earning a respected SAE Digital Film Production Diploma, recognised by the industry. The second scheme combines the above with an additional BA/BSc (Hons) Digital Film Production* in which supplemental skills are learned and which also covers topics such as project management, copyright law, and special film techniques. This programme is quality assured by Middlesex University and you will receive a Middlesex award on successful completion.
The estimated duration of the BA/BSc (Hons) Digital Film Production* is 42 months.
DURATION OF COURSE:
MARCH 2020 & SEPTEMBER 2020
* This programme was developed and is delivered and assessed by SAE Institute, awarded by and quality assured by Middlesex University.
- Basics of Film-Making 1
- The Art of Story-Telling
- Information Communication and Professional Media Practice
- Basics of Film-Making 2
- Documentary Films
- Marketing, Business Planning and Law
- Film Shorts production
- Advertsing and Commercial Film Production
- Production and Distribution
- Research Practice and Society
- Advanced Specialised Project
- Major Project
- Camera and Lighting Basics;
- Script-writing Basics;
- Film History;
- Film Analysis Basics;
- Video Editing Basics;
- Montage Theory;
- Optical Basics;
- Set Seminar;
- Digital Information Flow;
- Image Production and Visual Communication.
- Portfolio Development/Master CV
- Overview of the Multi-Media Industry
- Job Application Portfolio
- Creative Economy
- Media Analysis
- Presenation Techniques
- Time Management
- Project Management
- Academic Methodologies
- Basic Text Production
- Applied Learning
- Professional Articles (also Diploma)
- Business and Management Basics
- Product and Service Development
- Market Analysis with Target Groups
- Marketing (Brand Building, Pricing Policies, Distribution Policies, Communication Policies)
- Business basics (corporate forms, entrepreneurship, accounting, cost and performance accounting taxes)
- pitch creation
- contract law
- Professional Business Practice
- Cultural Theories
- Creativity Techniques
- Several Major Project Proposal Review Dates
- Presentations of ideas and Major Project Proposal
- Implementation of a team project
- Project planning and project management
- Resource Planning
- Time and Team Management
- Presentation, constructive criticism and reporting
- Self-assessment and self-evaluation
- Targeted development of an industry-relevant media project or research work
- Research of the current state of knowledge
- Development of a useful methodology
- Execution of the media production or the research project
- Evaluation and interpretation of the results
- Presentation of the thesis
- Entry Requirements
- Admission requirements for our BA/BSc (Hons) Digital Film Production* is first and foremost the successful completion of the Diploma. This requires a minimum age of 18 years.
- The admission must be completed by a positive completion of the 9th grade.
- It is necessary to bring your own laptop.
- Fees & Funding
- Prepayment: 2 payments at the beginning of each course (beginning diploma, beginning of Bachelor)
- Standard: 42 payments on the 1st of the month
- Editor / Cutter
- Color Grading Operator