- About the Campus
SAE Institute Amsterdam is situated in the vibrant Amsterdam-North district; the reative area of Amsterdam and one of the fastest growing districts of the city.
Close to Central Station (just a quick ferry over the IJ river), easy accessible by public transport and ring roads, the north area has seen many new media companies opening or relocating their business here. The campus is purpose built and contains high quality and industry standard recording studio's and work spaces for students in the field of Creative Media. The school environment is a snapshot of the city; International, creative, open-minded and liberal.
With a dedicated team of young professionals, who are passionate about their job and creative discipline, we offer a fun education environment resulting in strong qualifications and most importantly well-trained and skilled creative graduates.
- The experience of studying in Amsterdam, an inspiring environment for creative people
- Many extra curricular opportunities for students (Red Bull Studios, Lowlands Festival)
- Experienced international team of lecturers
- Put theory into practice using our industry standard gear
- Easy accessible from Central Station
- 4 professional audio studios
- Multiple media workstations for each department
- Separate study area
- Fully equiped media classrooms
- Student meeting place
- Large format analog mixing consoles
- Avid ICON surround studio
- Powerful computer workstations for film and game development
- The latest software for web and graphic design
- Steadicam and Redcam equipment for the film department
- About the Area
Amsterdam is a metropolitan city, attracting some of the world’s most forward thinking specialists in advertising, fashion, design and culture. In turn these innovators have turned the city into a breeding ground for creativity.
The city’s ancient architecture now plays home to some of the biggest global brands and new web design agencies and gaming studios are cropping up in and around the centre, transforming once old industrial works into hip studios full of creatives ready to make their mark on their respective industry.
People work hard to perfect their work in time for their deadlines, and their hard working ethos when inside their offices is juxtaposed by the laid-back relaxing vibe of the city streets, when the work is done and handed in. Residents pedal around on bikes, dine alfresco at a canal-side cafe or party the night away at one of the city’s many bars and clubs.
Amsterdam is a city of historical beauty, boasting a modern outlook and a forward thinking future. Established and expanding brands are constantly choosing to dwell there, creating numerous opportunities for hard-working, dedicated and passionate SAE Institute students to become a part of.
- EYE film museum
- ADE: Amsterdam Dance Event
- Historic city centre
- IDFA: International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam
- Legendary canals
- Amsterdam North: the creative industry hub
- Annual IBC, International Broadcasting Convention
National emergency number is 112
Wi-Fi internet access is available throughout the campus together with storage space allocation for students.
Dental services within walking distance.
Amsterdam North Hospital (Boven 't IJ Ziekenhuis) within 10 minutes from the campus.
Direct access to Amsterdam East via ferry (free of charge)
There is a busstation only 5 minutes walking from the campus. Bus 32 and 33 go directly to Amsterdam Central Station.
There are three ferries going to Amsterdam North, which are all free of charge, for pedestrians, bikes and scooters.
- Buiksloterweg ferry (from behind Central Station West exit). This is the only ferry to run day and night
- IJplein ferry (from behind Central Station East exit, heading east)
- East ferry (from the Java/KNSM island to Johan van Hasseltweg)
The best way to experience and move through Amsterdam is by bike:
- Bicycle parking available
- From Central station with the ferries mentioned above
TCA Taxi Company - +31 (0)20 7777777
SAE Institute does not provide it's own accomodation, however there are various options available to you;
- Shared housing student culture in the city centre provides multiple accomodation options
- The Student Hotel locations in Amsterdam
- Many hostels in the city centre for temporary housing