PROFESSIONAL MIXING AND MASTERING
Want to make music or record bands? Then our mixing and mastering course is for you.
Aimed at producers and engineers who are already making their own music or who are recording bands, this short course introduces you to professional mixing and mastering techniques using both software and outboard equipment.
You are encouraged to bring along your own multitrack sessions to these classes, through which you will learn and apply mixing and mastering techniques in hands-on, practical workshops.
You will graduate this course with a certificate of completion, and working knowledge of many mixing and mastering tricks and techniques.
Oxford (4 December 2017 only)
Liverpool (4 December 2017 only)
Glasgow (4 December 2017 only)
18 and over
- “What’s wrong with my mix?” Corrective and creative mix solutions
- The starting balance: level, pan, and mute
- Dynamics: compression and gating
- Lighter and brighter: equalisation
- Time, space and depth: delay and reverb
- Automation and ‘performing’ a mix
- Mastering techniques for a range of media
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Creatively use effects to mix a professional composition
- Understanding dynamic processes and how they affect audio
- Understand equalisation and be able to use it correctly and with precision
- Be able to identify and make important elements in a track stand out (e.g vocals).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is ideal for musicians or music lovers who would like to learn to basic sound production. It is highly recommended for students who want to apply for further study in audio.
FOLLOW UP COURSES
You should bring a notebook and pen to classes. You may also wish to bring your own laptop or tablet, however, this is not necessary.
|Date from||Date to||Day(s) of the week||Time||Duration|
|4 December 2017||7 February 2018||Mon, Weds||18.30-21.30||8 Weeks|
Please fill out this form to apply for our Professional Mixing and Mastering course. Once you submit the form we will be in touch to confirm your booking. If you want to call us on 03330 112 315 we can give you more information.