PROFESSIONAL MIXING AND MASTERING
Know your way around DAW, but still struggling to nail that professional sound? Then our mixing and mastering course is for you.
Aimed at producers who are already proficient in recording and editing MIDI, this course will take your skills to the next level and help you achieve more polished tracks.
Designed by industry professionals, this course will focus on the more advanced areas of music production including studio effects, phase issues, gain staging, compression and layering.
You will graduate this short course with a foundation certificate and a copy of your own demo recording.
- Room acoustics
- Phase correction
- EQ and Compression (Multiband/Parallel/Side-Chain)
- Layering sounds
- Sound choice
- Gain Staging
- Analog and digital metering (dBVU vs dBFS)
- Advanced vocal recording and production
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Creatively use effects to mix a professional composition
- Understanding dynamic processes and how they affect audio
- Understand equalisation and be able to use it correctly and with precision
- Be able to identify and make important elements in a track stand out (e.g vocals).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is ideal for musicians or music lovers who would like to learn to basic sound production. It is highly recommended for students who want to apply for further study in audio.
FOLLOW UP COURSES
You should bring a notebook and pen to classes. You may also wish to bring your own laptop or tablet, however, this is not necessary.
|Date from||Date to||Day(s) of the week||Time||Duration|
|26 June 2017||16 August 2017||Mon, Weds||18.30-21.30||8 Weeks|
|4 December 2017||7 February 2018||Mon, Weds||18.30-21.30||8 Weeks|