MUSIC PRODUCTION SUMMER ACADEMY
Explore your creativity with SAE’s holiday programme, designed specifically for young people interested in a career in music.
Offering a fun and supportive learning environment that unlocks creative potential, our summer academy provides a detailed overview of the various roles in the music industry.
The academy, designed and informed by industry professionals, aims to provide students with the vital knowledge of how modern record studios are run, as well as the technology which underpins the music production process. Over the two weeks students will gain skills in recording, editing and mixing music, while being introduced to advanced software and equipment.
Students will graduate this course with an SAE certificate and a copy of their master studio recording and live sound recording.
- Music industry overview
- Promotion and production roles
- Introduction to DAW
- Recording and editing sound
- Introduction to microphones
- PA systems and equipment
- Music marketing and distribution
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Record, edit and mix both live sound and studio performances using DAW software
- Effectively and efficiently set up PA systems for live sound events
- Understand how modern record labels and their departments operate
- Understand modern music marketing and distribution services
- Work productively in a team environment
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is ideal for anyone who is passionate about music and wants to work in the industry. It is also highly recommended for students who want to apply for further study in music business or music production.
FOLLOW UP COURSES
You should bring a notebook and pen to classes. You may also wish to bring your own laptop or tablet, however, this is not necessary.
|Date from||Date to||Day(s) of the week||Time||Duration|
|24 July 2017||4 August 2017||Mon - Fri||10.00-17.00||10 Days|