INTRODUCTION TO ABLETON LIVE
Put your passion into practice with our introductory Ableton Live course for aspiring music producers and composers.
Through hands-on exercises you’ll discover Live’s powerful features to create your own track from scratch.
Tailored for complete beginners, you’ll start by learning how to generate beats and bass lines with MIDI instruments and audio clips. You will then progress to learn basic mixing and automation, under the guidance of our professional, industry-connected tutors.
You will graduate this short course with a foundation certificate.
- Ableton Live overview
- Beat and bass line creation
- Recording audio
- Manipulating audio
- Audio effects and controllers
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Write and perform a complete track from scratch
- Operate Session View and Arrange View to add live elements to compositions
- Adequately program drum beats and bass lines
- Understand and operate Live’s synthesisers and samplers
- Understand basic track balance and mixing
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is ideal for aspiring producers and musicians with little to no experience in music production. It is highly recommended for students who want to apply for further study in audio.
FOLLOW UP COURSES
You should bring a notebook and pen to classes. You may also wish to bring your own laptop or tablet, however, this is not necessary.
|Date from||Date to||Day(s) of the week||Time||Duration|
|6 May 2017||7 May 2017||Sat-Sun||10.00-17.00||2 Days|
|8 July 2017||9 July 2017||Sat-Sun||10.00-17.00||2 Days|
|28 October 2017||29 October 2017||Sat-Sun||10.00-17.00||2 Days|