We are looking for a knowledgeable and engaging educator to teach film modules and common content in SAE HE programmes under the guidance of the Programme Coordinator. We are particularly interested in applicants who have demonstrable experience in teaching Film, specifically with a production focus in terms of camera operation, the creative application of camera and related production resources. The ability to supervise and guide students through film-production protocol, etiquette, and individualised final projects at level 6 is especially desirable.
- Facilitating learning through a variety of methods
- Planning students’ learning experience through lesson plans and deliverable course material
- Timely marking of assessments, providing useful and on-going feedback to students
- Engaging in recruitment and outreach events through the year.
- Masters degree in a related field, or Hons degree and a PG Cert Education/HEA Membership (enroute to qualification with demonstrable evidence of satisfactory progress), and/or significant industry experience
- Relevant expert industry experience and proficient with industry-standard film equipment and software
- Teaching experience, including the creation of session plans and preparation of materials
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal skills, be highly organised and good time management
- Must have rights to live and work in the UK.
- Ability to create and build on industry links
- Experience in Project Based Learning, Flipped Classroom and other contemporary forms of facilitating learning, using technology in learning, including Virtual Learning Environments
- Ability to teach across other disciplines (including common modules and from Film, Games, Web etc.)
What we offer
The Navitas Group offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within the UK and abroad, and is values driven and an equal opportunity employer. SAE is a dynamic, industry focused HE Provider, with regular opportunities to work with colleagues globally, using industry standard technology and innovative approaches to teaching and learning.
Please submit enquiries and applications here, and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, and CV to James Clarke, Film Programme Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ideally the successful candidate will be available to start immediately.