You can apply to higher education courses at SAE directly if you are:
- Making a single application to SAE only
- An SAE student attending one of our campuses and wish to progress to an honours degree
- A mature applicant no longer attending school or college (21+).
- An International student. Please visit the international students section.
APPLYING DIRECT TO SAE
Applying directly is easy. Simply:
- Download the application form
- Return your completed application along with your supporting documents to email@example.com
- Be sure to read and accept the Terms and Conditions along with the Fees Policy available at www.sae.edu/gbr/sae-regulations.
In order to speed up your application, please ensure that you submit all relevant documentation.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I APPLY?
If you have demonstrated your suitability for the course, we’ll make you an Offer of Study. Once you have accepted your place, we’ll send you a welcome email with useful information on how to prepare for your educational journey at SAE.
- Accept your Offer of Study by returning your Acceptance of Offer form.
- We will send joining instructions which contains a link to the Join portal. The portal contains all the information you will need before you arrive, it will also include your induction timetable.
- We look forward to welcoming you on Enrolment Day.
All applications are reviewed by the Admissions Team. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate your suitability for the course through:
- Your personal statement and/or portfolio
- Your qualifications or predicted grades (these are supplied by your school or college)
- Your academic or personal references, where applicable.
SAE TYPICAL OFFERS
September 2016 entry
A typical offer is between 180 and 240 UCAS points for entry to undergraduate courses, primarily from Level 3 equivalent qualifications such as A levels, a BTEC Extended Diploma or a Foundation Diploma.
September 2017 entry
The UCAS tariff is changing. On the new UCAS tariff, a typical offer is between 72 and 96 UCAS tariff points for entry to undergraduate courses, primarily from Level 3 equivalent qualifications such as A levels, a BTEC Extended Diploma or a Foundation Diploma.
Check your qualifications using the UCAS Tariff Calculator
HOW SAE SELECTS STUDENTS
Due to the creative nature of our courses, it is not only your academic capabilities that interest us. We will also consider your creative potential and your commitment to your creative media studies. You can demonstrate this through your personal statement and/or by submitting a portfolio.
Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are predicted points or holding points below SAE’s typical offer.
ALTERNATIVE ENTRY ROUTES
We are interested in students who have the potential to succeed in their studies and in the creative media industries. As an alternative to traditional entry routes, or in support of your UCAS application, you may opt to submit a portfolio of your creative endeavours. This could include recordings, films, sketch books, a blog or any suitable medium that gives you the best opportunity to show us your creative potential.
We welcome applicants with relevant professional and vocational qualifications, or mature students (21+) who do not have formal qualifications but may have relevant experience in industry (APEL). We also welcome those thinking about thinking about transferring from another institution. Contact us at email@example.com so we can guide you through your application.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
If English is not your first language, we accept a range of recognised language qualifications that are equivalent to the IELTS Academic minimum score of 6.0 overall, with a minimum of 5.5 in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening. If you require a Tier 4 student visa to study in the UK, you must take an approved Secure English Language Test (SELT) to fulfil government visa requirements. Please read more about language requirements and information for International students.
ENQUIRIES AND SUPPORT