We are looking for a knowledgeable and engaging educator to teach Animation modules and common content in SAE HE programmes under the guidance of the Programme and Academic Coordinators. The ability to supervise and guide students through individualised final projects at level 6 is especially desirable.
- Facilitating learning through a variety of methods
- Planning students’ learning experience through lesson plans and deliverable course material
- Timely marking of assessments, providing useful and on-going feedback to students
- Engaging in recruitment and outreach events through the year.
- Master’s degree in a related field, or Hons degree and a PG Cert Education/HEA Membership (enroute to qualification with demonstrable evidence of satisfactory progress), and/or significant industry experience
- Teaching experience, including the creation of session plans and preparation of materials
- Relevant expert industry experience and proficient with industry-standard equipment and software
- Experience in working with and teaching a range of software and toolsets for example, Maya, Zbrush, Unity, Unreal, Photoshop, Substance, Marmaset, Nuke, Mari/Substance, Houdini, camera tracking, ray tracing (e.g., Arnold and Redshift)
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal skills, be a collaborative and flexible team player
- Must have right to live and work in the UK.
- Ability to create and build on industry links
- Experience in Project Based Learning, Flipped Classroom and other contemporary forms of facilitating learning, using technology in learning, including Virtual Learning Environments
- Ability to teach across other disciplines (including common modules and from Film, Games, Audio, etc.)
What we offer
The Navitas Group offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within the UK and abroad, and is values driven and an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit all enquiries and applications (a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and CV) to
SAE-HR@navitas.com. Please state Application: Animation Lecturer, London in the email title.
Applications close on Monday 9th October 2017. As we are keen to fill this post, we will be arranging to meet successfully selected candidates as soon as possible upon application receipt.
We regret that due to the volume of the applications, only successful applicants will be contacted. No agencies please