Workshop: Photoshop and Illustrator Introduction. Exploring different art styles for different art industries and creating a mood board for your portfolio. (Part 1 of 4)
Join Iva in this workshop on how to master your digital toolkit and create illustrations and concept artworks quickly and efficiently so you become successful in today’s demanding artistic industry. You will be exploring different art styles applicable in different art industries by using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
In the second part of the workshop, you will define your idea for your game story concept by using a mood board. The ability to create a compelling mood board is an incredibly useful skill, whether you’re a designer, illustrator, concept artist, photographer or an art director. It will kickstart your creative thinking and help you sell your ideas to clients or your team at work. Iva will guide you through her step-by-step process for transforming random ideas into a presentation.
Key lessons include:
- Painting, applying textures and gradients in Adobe Photoshop
- Building custom shapes and adding strong colors in Adobe Illustrator
- Using the pen and pencil tool to draw in Illustrator
- Creating gradients in Illustrator
- Researching your subject and finding inspiration. We'll discuss how to compile your imagery and come up with a backstory for your collection of images.
- Lessons on visual storytelling
- Putting everything together in Photoshop/Illustrator.
- Edit and sketch over your images in Photoshop to fit your mood board.
- Presenting your ideas visually. Executing your ideas. Draft your moodboard in a way that communicates your story exactly how you'd like.
This session is ideal for illustrators, designers, visual artists, and everyone who wants to take advantage of digital illustration tools. Learn how to maximize your toolkit today!
- Participants have to bring their own Laptops with Photoshop installed and ready to go.
- Graphics tablets will be provided to participants.
- The course isn't targeted to complete beginners, Participants should already have a basic knowledge of digital painting including programs such as Photoshop.
- The courses will be held in English.
Iva worked as an Art Director, Concept artist and Graphic Designer with the focus on Storytelling and Visual Branding in LEGO System A/S, Denmark for over 7 years and is now working in the field of Storytelling and Character design. She is the founder and host of Art Side of Life Interviews where she chats with inspiring artists and creates various art-related videos.
This is a teaser workshop for the upcoming Short-Course: Concept Art and Visual Storytelling.